I’ve been tagged by Sue of Sue Henry Photography. If Sue was a little unsure about this game, I’m completely in the deep end here. I hope to float. 😉
I’m lazy so I’ve taken the rules from Sue’s blog (who I see was also a bit lazy or smart, depending on how you look at it 🙂 ). SO lets get into it!
The rules in this game are: You get tagged and you will tag (5) others – it’s that easy! Or maybe not that easy….O.k. then… the exact rules of this game are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 (or more) random things about yourself.
4. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
But in between you also have to write something about yourself, something most people think, they don’t know about you. If you don’t want to expose your darkest sides – show only the sunny side of you, maybe they ever find out the other stuff.”
OK, here goes –
1. Link to the person who tagged you. That one is easy! Sue Henry Photography
2. Post the rules on your blog. Check.
3. Write 6 (or more) random things about yourself. Bugger, I knew this was going too easy.
- Family. My family might be small but we are tight. I was raised exceptionally well by my Mother. She sacrificed a lot raising me and I’ll never forget that! My dad walked out on us very early because he was worried about his career in the army. He felt a family would hold him back from promotions (at least that’s what I’ve been told). I’ve only met him twice in 32 years and we don’t have much contact with each other. My Grandfather was more of a Father to me as I grew up, I don’t think I missed out on much. As for me: I’m single and at this point don’t look like changing that for some time. I hope that will change in the future.
- Sport. While I might not be the best sportsman in the world I do like my sport. Over the years I’ve played a few different sports but I’ve only had three that really interested me.Basketball was the first. I was good at a young age, I was very tall early. All through primary school I was the tallest kid in school. But once I got older I found I was lacking ability. Oh well! :)The next two sports both started at the same time. They were Smallbore Rifle Shooting and Golf. I found that I was a bit of a natural with a rifle. It didn’t take me long to become one of the best shots in Tassie. In the mid 90’s I made the national team that traveled to New Zealand for the Oceania Championships. I didn’t win anything but it was a memorable trip! I drifted in and out of competition for several years after the Oceania’s. I found it hard to stay interested without any real competition in the state. I gave one year my all and almost went the entire year undefeated (I only lost one event, by 2 points). During that year I shot the best I’ve ever shot. I felt like I couldn’t be beaten by anyone. I was a great feeling! 🙂 I’ve recently given the sport away due to lack of desire and time for it.That leaves Golf! I love golf even if it doesn’t love me at times. 😉 While I might have been a natural shooter I was a complete unnatural golfer, but I think that’s why I love it so much. I play off 10 at the moment, but I’ve been as low as 7. But regardless of my handicap I’ve been able to mix it with golfers much better that me. I’d don’t hit the ball a long way but I putt like a Pro! My biggest highlight in golf has to be my Club Championship win in 2003. I certain no one tipped me to win it before the first round but by the end of it I had won by 2 shots. That was an amazing feeling!! I really can’t explain the emotions I felt after I tapped in on the last hole. (That was also the year I had a go with shooting. That means I won just about every sporting event I entered for an entire year) At the presentation dinner I dedicated the win to my Grandfather. He didn’t realize how much he meant to me till that night.
- Photography. As some of you may know, I took up photography when my grandfather gave me his old SLR. (As a side note, my grandfather introduced me to a lot of things. Just about everything that’s meaningful in my life.) Anyway, back to it. I spent 2 years in college learning photography but didn’t go on with it after I left. It wasn’t until 2005 when I got my first digital camera that I finally got back into it. It didn’t take too long for all those lessons to come back to me. I’d like to think that one day I could make a living from taking photos but for the time being I’m not quitting my day job.Some people think I’m a good photographer but, I see so many people out there are doing much better work than me. it makes me want to improve. Maybe that’s a good thing?
- Sport (take 2). Okay, I know, I’ve already done a bit on sport but this is about the sporting team I support.Australian Rules Football “AFL”, is the best football code in the world and, as far as I’m concerned, the only football code that matters in Australia. My team is the Carlton Football Club, also known as the “Blues”. I passionately support Carlton every year regardless of the results. I have to say that they are the greatest football club in the world, but what would I know.The Blues have had some rough years in the past decade but are now on the rise again. Many people say Carlton supporters are arrogant, and they would be right! A legend of the club summed up the feelings of many Carlton supports a few years ago. I can’t write it all because it’s a bit colourful and might offend some people, but…… ”We’re Carlton, **** the rest!” Stephen Kernahan
- Movies. I do like movies, I’m a bit of a movie geek! If you’ve ever seen NCIS, I’m a bit like DiNozzo except I don’t make too many movie references in public, but I could if I needed to. Action, SciFi, Comedy and Sports movies are my favourites but I’m open to most genres. However, I cannot stand remakes, though some are good, go figure. I think it’s a complete waste of time remaking anything that was already great and even worse when you remake something that was bad.Some of my favourite movies are: Die Hard, The Hunt for Red October, The legend of Bagger Vance, Ferris Buellers Day Off, Mystery Alaska, The Sting, The Majestic, Independence Day….. I’ll stop there because the list could go on forever. Oh, I also like my TV! 😉
- Travel. If I ever get enough money I’d like to travel the world. I’m sure everyone has thought of that one before.I’d most like to visit Scotland! I don’t know for certain, but I think I have some Scottish ancestry. I know I have Greek and French blood in me, but I also have blood from the British isles in me.The world tour for me would take in a lot of places and probably take several months to complete, but it’s only a dream at this point. Maybe one day I’ll get to see the world and visit some of my friends overseas.
- Random Bits. I like to sing but not when anyone can hear me. I tend to keep my musical pursuits to myself and only sing when I’m driving, and alone. I don’t think I can sing but most people can’t. 🙂
My car is Holden, though if I had the money I’d probably drive something more exotic (not a Ford!).
I think we should be doing more to fight global warming, but I don’t think the Toyota Prius is the answer. I think the Prius is load of rubbish!! I don’t know what the answer is to global warming!
4. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and link to them.
Ok, I might have to bend the rules on this one. Unfortunately I don’t have 5 more people to link to so I link to those I can.
- Jen Rinaldi Photography — Many of you probably know this lady but I’d like to hear some more from “Jersey Girl” Jen Rinaldi! I think she is away at the moment but maybe when she gets back she would like to join the fun?
- Great Basin Life — Arla lives in a beautiful part of the world that many people don’t get to see. Hopefully she will join this experience?
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. Well I’ll let them know shortly but it will be up to them to play or not play after that. I hope they play.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. Last but not least. Sue, my post is up! 🙂
Tag. You’re it!